2020 Apple Lineup Look Through

    In this post I'm gonna go product-by-product, explaining the good and the bad for any product. I could only talk about the products I think are worth it for teens, but everyone is different, and have different needs or desires, so strap on for the ride 😂.




     CATEGORY IS... IPHONE


  The iPhone line-up is very complete this year, with options for everyone and at a whole lot of price points. I think every iPhone has it's place here. Are there some configurations you should stay clear from? OF COURSE! But that's why I'm here to help! 🤪

  iPhone SE - This phone is sitting at a great spot right now: it's the cheapest and the only iPhone with TouchID that Apple still sells on their website. And it's a great phone, for about everyone: great screen, great cameras, great size. It's a good phone overall. I would either buy the 64Gb version + a silicon case or the 128Gb. Since that 128Gb is just a $50 upgrade, I guess you could do both (128Gb and the case). I wouldn't go for the 256Gb, just because in the era of Always Online services, do you really need 256Gb on a phone?
  iPhone XR - I really wouldn't recommend someone buying this. You might say that it's the cheapest way to get into FaceID, and I don't agree (you see why later 😉). But if you really want to buy this phone, I would recommend you buy the 64Gb + a clear case or the 128Gb model. Apple kept the XR around for a reason: it's a damn good phone.
  iPhone 11 - I think this phone is a great deal. If you don't want/need the latest and greatest processor, camera system, and design, GET THIS NOW! Get the 64Gb + a case or the 128Gb. Don't get the 256Gb unless you absolutely need it.
  iPhone 12 Mini - I LOVE THIS PHONE SO MUCH!!! If you don't need a big battery or screen, get this! It's a gorgeous, handleable, and VERY powerful phone! Again, get the 64Gb + a case or the 128Gb version.
  iPhone 12 - An amazing value! If you, for some reason, need a bit more than the iPhone 11, get this. I bet you already know what's coming... get the 64Gb + a case or a 128Gb. Forget the 256Gb 🙄.
  iPhone 12 Pro - I don't- I wouldn't- Just don't- You know? Either get one of the 12's or just to the 12 Pro Max. Don't get the wrong, it's an amazing phone, but there isn't a GIGANTIC difference between the 12 Pro and the 12 for me to call it "a worthy upgrade", unless, for some reason, you really need it.
  iPhone 12 Pro Max - If you as a teen, for some reason, have this type of money and want a phone to last you a really LONG time, get this. Go big or go home, I guess 🤷. Either go for the base model (strange to call a Pro Max phone "base model" right?) or go for the 256Gb. $300 over the base model for the 512Gb upgrade? No thanks 💓

     CATEGORY IS... IPAD

  In my opinion, the iPad lineup is currently very complete. I would strongly recommend you either getting an Apple Pencil (1st or 2nd gen, depending on the device you get), or a Smart Keyboard or Magic Keyboard (depending on the device you get), maybe even both if you're planning on doing ANY sort of "real" work. There is another option tho: if you are anything like me and actually love to type on glass, get none and upgrade the iPad you're getting!

  10.2 inch iPad - Great price to performance! Yes, it might not have the best screen, cameras, ports, processor, or the newest design, but it's still amazing (keep in mind, my 2010 iPad is still going strong)! If you are planning to just use this for cloud work (Google apps, iCloud,  streaming media, etc.) get the 32Gb, but if you are an app hoarder or wanna do offline work get the 128Gb
  iPad Mini - DON'T GET THIS! This Mini is very overdue for an update. You will be better off with a 10.2 inch iPad. But if, for any strange reason, hate money (or need a small tablet) go for the 64Gb.
  iPad Air - The 2020 iPad Air is in my opinion, a better deal than the iPad Pro. It has an edge-to-edge display, 2nd gen Apple Pencil and Magic Keyboard support, A14 SoC, dual speakers, Touch ID on the power button, the whole package. And the best of all? IT'S CHEAPER THEN THE PRO! I'd recommend you getting the 64Gb over the 256Gb.
  iPad Pro - If you're a teen, don't get this unless, of course, you need the ProMotion (Apple's way of saying 120Hz 🤦‍♂️), the quad speakers, the 1Tb option, or the 12.9-inch display. I can't quite tell you what option is the best, but if it was me, I would go for the base 128Gb. Either display size is going to look amazing, but if you are going for an iPad to replace your laptop, I would recommend the 12.9 inch.

     CATEGORY IS... MAC


  I'm actually going to divide some Macs into categories and some I'm gonna talk about as a "standalone product".
  M1 Macs - AMAZING VALUE!! I would get anything else as a student/teen.
  iMacs - I would wait for some next-gen iMacs with Apple SoCs.
  Mac Pro - if you're stupidly rich and want to show off, get this

  I don't really have a lot to say about the current Mac lineup... M1 Mac's are just amazing, and Intel Mac's are not really worth your $$$ right now, and I can't give you option-by-option guidance because Macs are targeted for "real work" and only you can know what upgrades would be efficient for your workload.

     CATEGORY IS... ACCESSORIES

   Apple Watch - SE for the win!!
   Audio - AMAZING!!. They're just so easy to use! Setup is a breeze. The sound quality is great. The battery is ok. What more to say? If you got the cash, go for the AirPods Pro, if not go for the AirPods 2 or Beats Flex. What about HomePods? If you're a teen and plan to have one in your bedroom or dorm room, get the HomePod Mini. If you have a big room, or an attic room, go for two HomePod Mini's in stereo mode!
  Apple TV 4K - The Apple TV 4K a damn good smart box, but it's a bit overdue for an update. I really wouldn't recommend you buy this right now... If you really want to buy this, go for the base model.
  Cases - If you couldn't tell by the iPhone category, I love me an Apple silicon case! Don't get me wrong, the leather and clear ones as good too, I just prefer the silicon ones. I love the texture, the fit, the buttons, the features (on a few "special ones"). They are a bit on the expensive side and they can look like trash if you don't take care of them but, in my opinion, they are worth it!
  Power - Expensive but always great or good enough. Love the Smart Battery Cases! Love some of the MagSafe accessories! Lovee the feel of Apple's 1st party cables!

     CATEGORY IS... SERVICES

  Apple Music - I recently switched from Spotify to Apple Music as a twisted way to manifest my future iPhone, and I've been loving the experience so far! Of course, the Apple Music experience isn't as amazing on Android as it is on iOS, but it's still great! Get the Student plan!!
  Apple TV+ - It's ok... I get it for "free" with my Apple Music Student Plan (couldn't tell if it's a worldwide thing or not), but I wouldn't pay for it standalone. Only get this if you like a lot of shows from here, if you already have an Apple Music Student Plan, or if you're paying for Apple One
  iCloud - AN AMAZING DEAL!! I've been moving old files and photos to iCloud (you can access iCloud on Windows and Android from icloud.com) and the experience has been great! The free 5Gb tear is trash. Get 50Gb for $1 or 200Gb for $3.
  Apple Arcade - Depends on the type of person you are. I don't really game... like ever, so I don't really see a benefit to buying Apple Arcade standalone, but if I'm already paying for Apple One, might as well use it, right?
  Fitness+ - It depends... Do you love fitness and don't wanna go to the gym (or can't.... 2020 anyone?)? Do you wanna get into fitness but don't wanna leave the comfort of your home? Personally, I would only get this if I was an Apple One user (and of course, you already have an Apple Watch) 🤷🏻‍♂️
  Apple One - I would one get this if you are planning on getting +2 services already or getting this as a family plan

By a Teen, For Teens

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

USING THE 1ST GEN IPAD IN 2020